• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nick's Photo quiz (1 Viewer)

as the hawthorn berries on the photo show that this is not a recent photo (sober now) I'll go with my initial izzy shrike (whether turkestan or daurian or whatnot I don't know!)

Yep it was the Izzy shrike (now thought to have been Turkestan apparently) from East Yorks, last Autumn (well noticed Steve).

a new one.

Attachments

• sony dsc 55 142 copy.jpg
    sony dsc 55 142 copy.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 56
  • sony dsc 55 120 copy.jpg
    sony dsc 55 120 copy.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 56
I was thinking lesser yellowlegs, and now seeing your signature - that's what I'm going to go for!

and no, you never give us enough of the bird! :) :)

oh bum! you misled us with your latest lifer!! erm rethink, rethink.... could it be a common sandpiper on tiptoe?

It's not a Grey heron, or a wood sandpiper.

Here's a clue from Wikipedia:

"It is usually considered the only member of its genus ***********, but more recent research (Thomas et al, 2004) indicates that the Broad-billed and Sharp-tailed Sandpiper may belong there too."

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back