• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon D3000 kit? (1 Viewer)

spacepilot

I just received my D3000 camera kit for the EDG promotion. There was no paperwork in the box. I remember that the rebate form mentioned something about a one-year warranty on the kit, and am wondering how I could claim the warranty if there's no paperwork with a date on it. For the people who also got the D3000 kit for the EDG promotion, what did you get in the box other than the camera kit itself? Thanks.

Ning

I just received my D3000 camera kit for the EDG promotion. There was no paperwork in the box. I remember that the rebate form mentioned something about a one-year warranty on the kit, and am wondering how I could claim the warranty if there's no paperwork with a date on it. For the people who also got the D3000 kit for the EDG promotion, what did you get in the box other than the camera kit itself? Thanks.

Ning

Did the kit come directly from Nikon? If so I would call their 800 line.

Mine had the serial number warranty paper (a printed triplicate from a matrix printer) but not a registration card.

Interesting I didn't know that this had a 1 year warranty but I see that's on this paper.

Of course the claim it needs proof-of-purchase and proof of purchase date which of course don't apply to the rebate.

I just wrote my UPS 1Z delivery number and delivery date on the paper should I ever need the date/proof. And I have photocopies of the original rebate claim info.

Oh, and the CDs were omitted from my package. I think they should have been there.

Thanks, Kevin. I'll probably keep the UPS tracking number and copy of the rebate form for the warranty, too. I think I got CDs in the bag with the instruction manual, but I'll double check when I get home.

I checked with Nikon today, I also did not receive much paperwork, but they do have a
record of these rebate models, as they found mine, as I gave ser. #, and it is in the system, without me sending in any paperwork. The D3000 camera warranty is 1 yr. and the lens is 5 yrs. Kevin, you should have received the CD's.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. That's good that Nikon has the serial numbers in their system.

Kevin, I also have the CDs. They are in a plastic bag with the user's manuals.

Ning

Seems like Nikon wanted to hinder the reselling of these rebated cameras as "new" by not including the standard docs and software. Bummer as that's what made the bino deal a "steal".

Thanks, Jerry. That's good that Nikon has the serial numbers in their system.

Kevin, I also have the CDs. They are in a plastic bag with the user's manuals.

Ning

Thanks, Ning

Doh! That's what I get for ignoring the Quick Start manual (and not opening its plastic bag). I just checked and they are in that bag.

I downloaded the latest versions of the manual and software anyway. CDs are so retro ;)

I checked with Nikon today, I also did not receive much paperwork, but they do have a
record of these rebate models, as they found mine, as I gave ser. #, and it is in the system, without me sending in any paperwork. The D3000 camera warranty is 1 yr. and the lens is 5 yrs. Kevin, you should have received the CD's.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Nice to see Nikon is organized about this.

And thanks for the reminder about the lens warranty. I guess the lump of glass fails less easily (aside from the plastic mount but that would be wear and tear).

Seems like Nikon wanted to hinder the reselling of these rebated cameras as "new" by not including the standard docs and software. Bummer as that's what made the bino deal a "steal".

I don't think they're that devious, Rick ;)

I suspect they just had a lot of these D3000 hanging around (as a sunk cost). They didn't review too well (but it's fine for me). So they could use it to shift the "old" EDGs.

And the D3100 has replaced it (and seems to be a rather better camera with only some HD video oddities).

All in all I'm quite happy with the whole deal.

Last edited:
Kevin:

I agree with you, about the closeout on the USA Nikon EDG, I am very happy with both
the D3000 camera, and the 8x32 EDG.

How else do you get an alpha 8x32, for under $500. I am still comparing the EDG with
my 8x32 SE, and they both have their strong points, and the EDG is a keeper, overall a better optic, and I am hoping some here will add some more reviews.

I am not able to offer the detailed reviews that some here can, but I do find the Nikon EDG to be a great choice.

Jerry

How else do you get an alpha 8x32, for under $500. I am still comparing the EDG with my 8x32 SE, and they both have their strong points, and the EDG is a keeper, overall a better optic, and I am hoping some here will add some more reviews.

Jerry

Jerry, the bolded part is my opinion, too, but I'm afraid to say so because the general consensus is that the SE is "as good as it gets".

Ning

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back