• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Sporter 8x36 0r 10x36 (1 Viewer)

django

django
As a lot of members on this site have rated these a very good buy I would like to know if there is much difference between the 8x36 and the 10x36 apart from the magnification,in terms of brightness ect and any other comments,would you say they are a good buy,is there anything better at the price on Warehouse Express £99 8x..£115.10x

django said:
As a lot of members on this site have rated these a very good buy I would like to know if there is much difference between the 8x36 and the 10x36 apart from the magnification,in terms of brightness ect and any other comments,would you say they are a good buy,is there anything better at the price on Warehouse Express £99 8x..£115.10x

i have looked through dozens of those, and i do consider them a good buy. The 8x36 is better optically, sharper, brighter, cleaner views. It is very difficult to manufacture a decent 10x binoculars at that price, and the 10x36 shows it.

I'd agree - in my experience the 8x is significtantly better than the 10x. That said at the prices warehouse are selling them for both are bargains.

Whilst I'd agree that the 8x is very slightly brighter than the 10x I couldn't detect any difference in sharpness and the 10x is hardly dull . Personally I prefer a 10x bin so went for that, for me the extra magnification is worth the fractional drop in brightness but it's really a case of on which you'd rather compromise. Both are excellent binoculars for the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back