• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nl pure (1 Viewer)

Harnesses make the tangles worse, but are still worth using in my (subjective of course) view.
No, the reverse actually... Ive posted words and pics. Its an easy setup thing. Once learned, issue managed. Trying not to beat it to death. How can I help?

No, the reverse actually... Ive posted words and pics. Its an easy setup thing. Once learned, issue managed. Trying not to beat it to death. How can I help?

Not everyone uses the same straps nor uses their bins in the same manner, and not everyone has your innate ability with the FP system. Of the people I know personally with NLs opinions vary from ambivalent to negative, but again, I’m happy if it works for you.

OK, sure. Heres the PM I sent to Jerry.

"Ive written too many places about Swarovski straps and dont want to wear it out on the forum. I seem the lone proponent of Fieldpro strap connectors, which are the source of your question here on Birdforum. Waaay more controversy than the physical "problem" deserves...

You did notice in the accessory box there were two kinds of adaptors for that fieldpro connection. There's one thats designed for the Swaro strap and swivels, the other is a more conventional slotted thing that will take most aftermarket straps. Neither should cause a problem if you just adapt a wee bit.

I used the Swaro strap and round adapter for a couple years. Rarely had a twisting issue, but it did require a few minutes of thinking about it and paying attention. The paying attention part occurs when you unfurl the strap and put it over your head (and in my case shoulder - I do cross chest/bandolier style with that strap). Once there, the connector cant twist. At the end of a birding session, just pay attention as you take the strap off and then keeping the strap/connectors straight/aligned just wrap the strap around the bino, top to bottom. Takes more to describe than do. If you just protect the direction of things getting in and out, it wont twist.

I switched to a Rick Young harness and the flat slotted adaptors on both my EL and NL. Its even easier to do the above with those once you figure the procedure for getting in and out of the harness. Its this latter that sort of automatically keeps things aligned,

I like Fieldpro, as I use the Swaro strap, RYO harness and a Kuiu chest pouch interchangeably. Changing between with field pro connectors takes seconds. I posted a few pics couple weeks ago of what the bino looks like with straps wrapped around and how it then fits beautifully into the Swaro provided carry bags. Someone was having trouble with that!

Tom

Pics below. Not perfect as they were intended for a poster couple weeks back who couldn't fit bino and strap in the Swaro provided case. It shows what the bino looks like after youve taken it off, made sure strap is straight and then wrapped around bino. To get into unwrap, pull strap straight and get in (RYO) as normal. Wish I had a way to make a video of getting in/out of RYO and wrapping whole up at end...

Attachments

• IMG_4302.jpeg
    IMG_4302.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • ELinbag.jpeg
    ELinbag.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 32
  • NL.jpeg
    NL.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 34
  • NLinbag.jpeg
    NLinbag.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 36
Captured a 15 second video today of how to get out of Field pro/harness and keep things orderly. Need some advice how to download. Usual for still pics does not work. Help please?

• 'More options', then click on 'Insert video'.
  • Or upload your vid' on YT, Vimeo, etc etc, then click on 'Media' and insert URL

more-options.JPG

Last edited:
  • 'More options', then click on 'Insert video'.
  • Or upload your vid' on YT, Vimeo, etc etc, then click on 'Media' and insert URL

View attachment 1518539
Thanks Tehri, have tried that. Wouldn't have a clue or be comfortable uploading to Youtube, etc, This was a video shot on iPhone 14. its a .MOV file. Suspect that might be an issue with Birdforums systems maybe not being compatible with Apple video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back