• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Wales Birding (1 Viewer)

There's always a lengthy summer hiatus for me, as various other activities take priority, but this year that break ended yesterday, with a short seawatch from Talacre dunes late morning. Not for us a procession of Cory's, seasoned with Scopoli's, Fea's, Wilson's and Lord knows what else, but there was much excitement over a close pass from a Manxie. Context is everything. Lots of Sarnies, a few Arctic and singles of Common & Little, a few Gannets, one adult Kittiwake and a distant Arctic Skua harrying the Sandwiches. Quite the bonanza in fact! Must do it again some time.

163 Manx Shearwater
164 Kittiwake
165 Arctic Skua

Attachments

• 20230801112328_IMG_1612.JPG
    20230801112328_IMG_1612.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 6
after a nice day out on saturday we opted to stay overnight in the car park of the 'rest and be thankful' cafe carpark on the great orme in the campervan

saturday 7th october

did a 2 hour seawatch from here 1530-1730 which i enjoyed as we live so far from any coast

eider 1
common scoter 23
auk sp 40
gannet 30+
mediterranean gull 1
kittiwake 7
sandwich tern 5

sunday

woke to choughs calling overhead lovely

yep just love wales

I must've passed u on the way to a couple of my birding spots. I saw the motorhomes by the cafe. My birding spots (Llys Helyg & Secret Area 2B) were dead but things have started moving since last night. Enjoy your visit. 🙂👍🐦

Users who are viewing this thread

Back