• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northumbrian Birding (1 Viewer)

alot of mud exposed on the wansbeck estuary atmo. between castle island and the wear.

wish id had been there in sep now....for peak wader passage. anyone know why the river is so low?

Couple of hours at Boulmer today. Swallows aplenty and good numbers of Wheatear on cliffs at Longhoughton Steel, couple of Whimbrel and 13 Golden Plover in breeding plumage

IMG_7785.JPGIMG_7789.JPGIMG_7790.JPGIMG_7793.JPGIMG_7800.JPGIMG_7806.JPGIMG_7814.JPGIMG_7815.JPG

What is the status of Woodlark in Northumberland?

A mate from the Midlands is up at Seahouses for a weekend break and found one singing this morning at 10:30 on the coastal path between Seahouses and Banburgh Castle.....

Laurie :)

Hi Bob and thanks for replying.

I agree it is not the best marked bird and he says it was singing. I pointed out that it looked dark, out of 'habitat' and both head and wing pattern were not right.

Thanks again.

Laurie :)

If anybody still uses this forum, which doesn't appear much, I'm heading over this weekend and I'm looking for any unusual birds in the Cresswell, Druridge, Chevington, Hauxley area.

If anybody still uses this forum, which doesn't appear much, I'm heading over this weekend and I'm looking for any unusual birds in the Cresswell, Druridge, Chevington, Hauxley area.
Hi Derek

Nothing really out of the ordinary at present. A couple of White Fronts on or near Chevington North Pool are the most recent additions. Red Headed Smew, Red Necked Grebe and Slavonian Grebe are all at Widdrington Moor Lake. A decent number of Twite near Cresswell Pond ( which is completely full of water so very few birds there).

Druridge Pools is worth a look. Lots of common birds there, including 5 Ruff.

Hope it picks up a bit for you ( and all of us)

Bob

Checked with my neighbour and his blog and Bob seems to have summed it up pretty well.

Some redpolls and crossbills around the Country Park. Nowt much out of the ordinary.

Great day on Saturday, got ruff, white fronts and Slavonian grebe. Also good views of grey and red legged partridge and stock doves which are scarce/ rare at home. Fulmar at Snab Point, pink foot, Sanderling, grey plover and scoter. Twite flock found with a few skylarks as well. 78 species all told - could have hit 80 as we were missing a few we'd expect.

While scanning the sea at the burn I was sure I saw a few kittiwake going north, but wasn't sure. Is that possible?

Anyway enjoyed the day and stayed dry.

Great day on Saturday, got ruff, white fronts and Slavonian grebe. Also good views of grey and red legged partridge and stock doves which are scarce/ rare at home. Fulmar at Snab Point, pink foot, Sanderling, grey plover and scoter. Twite flock found with a few skylarks as well. 78 species all told - could have hit 80 as we were missing a few we'd expect.

While scanning the sea at the burn I was sure I saw a few kittiwake going north, but wasn't sure. Is that possible?

Anyway enjoyed the day and stayed dry.
had a few kittiwakes at bempton rspb the other week so not impossible for you to get them, sounds like a good day you had

Hope to check up on waders in the wansbeck area over next few days. want to try and get some footage if possible. my gear is very limited atmo(
(anyone got any old gear for sale?)
Made on an old bridge camera, will be experimenting with a camcorder next week, skeptical it will be any use, but will find out )

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back