• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus 10X42 PRO(UE)BLK (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I have a pair of the above which Olympus sent me about nine months ago to replace an older pair of a different model that had had problems. There now seems to be some crack in one of the lenses, and is annoying when I look through the binoculars. I managed to get a photo taken from the wrong end of the binoculars which shows it. You can see it running along the bottom in the attachment, a bit to the left (sorry about my foot).

Any comments on this before I take it up with Olympus? It looks a bit jagged, but maybe it could be a hair instead of a crack? I haven't dropped the binoculars or anything, although they were exposed to high temperatures in Turkey recently.

Thanks

Attachments

• Binoculars.jpg
    Binoculars.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 28
It looks like a piece of fiber of some sort. If it's not on the exterior of the eyepiece, the binoculars seem a likely candidate for return if still under warranty.

It looks like a piece of fiber of some sort. If it's not on the exterior of the eyepiece, the binoculars seem a likely candidate for return if still under warranty.
Thanks, yes I think you're right, it's a piece of fibre rather than a crack. It's not on the exterior.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back