• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron 8x25 Aspheric 3 (2 Viewers)

Swedpat

I find no review about this model. It seems to be a nice binocular. Yes, it has only 41,2 deg AFOV, which is very narrow. I guess it's the reason to that it has not even been reviewed. Probably the same reason as Pentax ZD 8x43 and 10x50 models have not got any interest with only 50deg AFOV.
Eye relief is stated to 16mm, which is very short taking in consider the narrow FOV. But very often a narrow FOV works better with eyeglasses compared to a wide, at a given ER. It should not be so, because AFOV shall be included in the calculation of ER.
Anyway: has anyone tried this model?

Hello;

This model, or rather its predecessor, the Opticron Aspheric LE 8 x 25 WP, which is pretty much identical to the newly launched Aspheric 3, is discussed at considerable length in my chapter on pocket glasses from my new book: Choosing & Using Binoculars.

It’s a nice piece of kit!

Hope that helps,

Neil.

1707148094697.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back