• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron CountryMan 8x42 BGA T PC Oasis (1 Viewer)

P H

Recently acquired a pair of these Opticrons. Should have been £220 but the shop was selling the last pair for £120 BNIB. Anybody own these? if so whats your views. To my eyes they appear to be bright good contrast and sharp near enough to the edge. FOV alittle narrow for 8x at 109 but not a problem. Lightweight at 630gs.

Anybody know of any reviews for them.

According to the Opticron literature these should retail at £239. You have a fantastic bargain. I may be interested in a pair of these where did you buy them

Hi Chris, Bought these from Dents Photographic in Chesterfield, but the sales assistant said they were the last pair they had. LCE down the road from them was selling them at the price you quoted, but they were the pre 2007 models (the display models were anyway) without the phase correction and Oasis coatings. Grabbed them while I could.

Cheapest I've seen on the net was £180 + P&P.

Hi Chris, Bought these from Dents Photographic in Chesterfield, but the sales assistant said they were the last pair they had. LCE down the road from them was selling them at the price you quoted, but they were the pre 2007 models (the display models were anyway) without the phase correction and Oasis coatings. Grabbed them while I could.

Cheapest I've seen on the net was £180 + P&P.

Paul,

From your last post that would make the binoculars that you bought Opticron Countryman BGA T so no Oasis coating nor Phase Coating.

Mine says it on top of the focus wheel all models after 2007 were upgraded to include PC & Oasis, all models before 2007 were BGA T.

Mine are the newer version.

DSCF4779.JPG :t::t:

Last edited:
I have Opticron Countryman 8x42 BGA, (not the T PC Oasis).Always thought they were fine, only problem I have had is with the pop up eye cups getting extremely loose. Had them repaired twice now in just under 5 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back