• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Oregon LE WP (1 Viewer)

P H

Just acquired a pair of these new for £50 best money I've spent on a pair of binoculars. Had a few decent pairs in my life porro and roof prisms, the size drew me to them but was well pleased at the optical performance

For general viewing in decent light I quite rate the Opticron Oregon. I have found them to be lacking in low light conditions, but otherwise not bad at all. I usually have a pair of them in the car. Certainly good value at 50 bones. Congrats.

There are better (usually more expensive) bins about, but Opticron generally seem to punch their weight pretty well.

Yes 8x32 Torview, had a pair of Countryman 8x42 roofs very good image and bright but wanted smaller more pocket friendly binos without being compacts cant get on with them

I'm only a fair weather birder I'm a fisherman and these binos will be coming with me on all outings for the wildlife

To add my thoughts too, have a pair of the oregon 8 x 32, they are very good for the price, not to say they are perfect; compared to top end the colours of a bit dull and the image drops off around edge noticeably but for the money you can get them for they are very good, definitely worth considering as a second or third spare pair

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back