• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owl - Bulgaria. (1 Viewer)

Nikolai Kolev

I was searching for eagle owls in one quarry. Nothing was calling, except one toad, and about 21:30 oclock i was trying to record it, but when i start the record, the toad stop and i hear this call from the quarry. What is this?

Attachments

• MVI_6625load.mp3
    249.6 KB
Hello Nikolai,

with the usual caveats (especially I often want to hear recordings on different devices) I think I can hear the right angry squeeky quality of a Coot ?
But better wait for confirmation or correction. Thanks!

I'd agree with Alexander in that it sounds very like a Coot. They call in nocturnal flights so there wouldn't neccesarily have to be water in the immediate vicinity (though presumably would have to be somewhere nearby)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back