• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owling trip to the Philippines and Indonesia, including Sulu. (4 Viewers)

Great reading.

So Tawi-tawi is 'safe' enough to pay a visit?
I have wondered lately about including the Sulu islands into a Mindanao visit, and just by looking at pictures in google maps, it seems a lot of Philippinos visit the Sulus... (or just parts of...)?

Great reading.

I have wondered lately about including the Sulu islands into a Mindanao visit, and just by looking at pictures in google maps, it seems a lot of Philippinos visit the Sulus... (or just parts of...)?
Some British herpers recently returned from there: Explore Herpetology | Herping Tours - Western Mindanao 2024

Looks like they had good local contacts

Hi there, for sure lots of Filipinos visit Tawi Tawi. That's what lead me to go and check it out. When I arrived I was strongly discouraged from visiting more remote areas. I think it would be ideal to arrange a local contact who could help navigate this. The Northeast half of the big island looks to have excellent habitat (from the plane)! For what it's worth I did talk with a lot of people there, they were super friendly, but a couple did say they were surprised to see me).

Great reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back