• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 30x60 HG - help pls (1 Viewer)

Macm1234

United States
Hello fellow bird lovers,

If I may, I’d like to ask if anyone knows anything about this particular spotting scope. I’ve searched and searched and find no user reviews. I wrote Pentax support and they didn’t have any information either.

The Pentax 30-60 HG was made in the mid 1990s. I did find this link which shows specs on box:

Spotting Scope 30 X 60 Hg

Looks like nice ED glass. What I’m not sure about is the focusing system or the true compatibility of additional eyepieces. Focusing could be awkward.

There’s one available in my state for under $300 and looks pristine in the photos. But it’s a long drive.

Can anyone weigh in with experience or else general advice?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike and welcome.

It say 65mm objective and 82mm filters plus it accepts 1.25 inch fit eyepieces and is waterproof.

But it also says 30x60, so what is it actually?

The price sounds good, although it is a straight scope not angled.

Regards,
B.

There is a post from 2021? Bushnell Spacemaster II versus Pentax 30x60 HG.

The price mentioned is $125.

Regards,
B.

I think that the information supplied with the 30x60 HG scope is actually from a different scope, the Pentax 65 ED.

The 30x60 HG may not have ED glass and may not take 1.25 inch fit eyepieces? or even take any different eyepieces.

If so, one needs to clarify the real situation and $300 is too much.

Regards,
B.

At best a mistake, at worst dishonest advertising.

I would steer clear unless $125 as mentioned in the other thread.

Regards,
B.

So, it was not the seller who posted information on perhaps the Pentax 65 ED, which is a different spotting scope.

$300 seems too much for a Pentax 30x60 HG, but I am not sure what the current price would be.

Regards,
B.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back