• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help identify this small warbler? West of scotland 11 May (1 Viewer)

Bruce78

United Kingdom
Hello! I’d be grateful for help to identify this bird, seen today on ardnamuchan. The closest match I could find was willow warbler or chiffchaff but the dark eye stripe made me think it must be something else. No song to go on unfortunately.

Attachments

• E3D6DF70-EC2F-472D-B365-8E45E1029D75.jpeg
    E3D6DF70-EC2F-472D-B365-8E45E1029D75.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 89
Hi Bruce and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

All things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I had a feeling it was a Willow warbler, thank you. And thank you for the welcome. I would be keen to get out with a group and learn more so I will keep my eye out on the forum. My grandfather introduced me to birdwatching and my interest was rekindled last year by a sedge warbler who was singing his heart out each night from a bush in a ditch next to our house. Took me a while to ID him but he was there everyday and night during late spring.

Attachments

• 0BA7E21F-D213-4C75-9063-00E5442B7627.jpeg
    0BA7E21F-D213-4C75-9063-00E5442B7627.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 41
That's a really lovely picture you've taken of this Sedge Warbler Bruce.

I hope we may see some more of your images in the Gallery too.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back