• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plover (1 Viewer)

shropshirelad63

Saw this Plover amongst the Golden today, black breast markings-Golden or something else?

Attachments

• agp.jpg
    agp.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 140
  • agp2.jpg
    agp2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 117
Was going to suggest Lapwing to you ... ;)

Looks to be the same size/proportions as the other goldies ... how long can they occasionally retain summer plumage features compared to the other Golden Plovers (A or P) and Grey Plover?

Seems there is often the odd one that retains (or acquires early, depending on the date) summer plumage. When
I get home later today I'll post a photo of one in a flock of several hundred taken in Jan last year in N Devon. Completely different from all the rest.
Mick

Edit: Photo added, and it was Feb!

Attachments

• Feb16-029UK.jpg
    Feb16-029UK.jpg
    882.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Seems there is often the odd one that retains (or acquires early, depending on the date) summer plumage. When
I get home later today I'll post a photo of one in a flock of several hundred taken in Jan last year in N Devon. Completely different from all the rest.
Mick
Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back