• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible Scopolis shearwater, Isles of Scilly pelagic, 20th August 2023 (1 Viewer)

Evan Atkinson

Always finding a way to go off topic...
United Kingdom
Hi all, a friend of mine was out in Scilly waters on Monday twitching the Red Footed Booby and whilst there he saw and photographed a shearwater which me and a few other people think is a Scopolis Shearwater. Given the rather unprecedented influx that had been going on prior, I think there’s a fair chance this could be one. What makes me think this is mostly the white that “bleeds” into the primaries. The photos are straight from the camera and nothing has been adjusted. What does everyone else think?7A9BE5E7-C619-4837-AA97-9440F805F21A.jpeg
EBD4FCED-F6BF-4F98-AD5A-078D77D73AB0.jpeg

Many thanks

Evan

Hi, brilliant photos by the way, I think it could well be, but since I'm not the most experienced and I understand cory's are very similar, I'll post to move it further up in the new post section and someone with more knowledge than me will help you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back