• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Presumed odd call of Tawny Owl NE.London. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Having lived adjacent to woodland for many years I’m au fait with the “odd” calls of Tawny Owl.
Last night I heard what I presume to be a “variation“ on a theme saying that...I’ve never heard the likes of this before, has anyone else?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2827.MOV
    3.5 MB
Recording is faint on my PC Ken but I can just make out the trilling Tawny call that some people call 'warbling'. Is that what you meant ?

Recording is faint on my PC Ken but I can just make out the trilling Tawny call that some people call 'warbling'. Is that what you meant ?
It must have been c150m away Dave and I was staggered that my mobile picked up the sound!
As stated I’ve never heard this “warble” before, presume it must be uttered only very occasionally, either that or it’s normally uttered “very early” in the night when I’m out for the count.👍

Cheers

I've been hearing exactly that from one near me for the last few weeks. After half an hour or so past sunset.

Thanks Guys I’ll have to book an appointment with the Audiologist, the missus thought it was a ghost or a Banshee! 👍

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back