• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prolly passerine seen in Argentina (1 Viewer)

Fernando G.

Novice in the birds' world.
Hello, I hope you can help me identify this one.

This is in a semi-urban area of Rosario, Argentina. There are plenty of birds around here, most are house sparrows, but this one caught my attention because its singing was quite different from the others. It looks like a passerine to me, but I can't match it with any one from the most usual passerines from Argentina in catalogues. As days passed, I got more and more intrigued about it. Its wings look slightly darker than the rest of the back, the chest is between grey and white, the tail is a bit longer than usual and orange-like.

It comes almost everyday around 3pm for a couple of minutes, walks in that fence which separates two houses, sings, and leaves. I often sit near waiting for it to come and observe it.

I attach three pictures I managed to take. As this is close to my window, he gets scared and flies away any time I try to get closer; so they are taken from afar, excuse me about the quality of the pictures.

I am sure its ID is no challenge for you. Thanks in advance :t:

Attachments

• IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Wow, that was fast. And I read that these Rufous Hornero are also quite common in Mexico too!

This one looks so fat that I didn't even think of it. Have passed a couple of years already since the last time I saw one... until now.

Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back