• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quality "wireless" garden camera? (3 Viewers)

Pyke

United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if anyone can recommend a quality "wifi" camera for garden use.

We've a couple of simple cameras already (amazon-special ceyomur cy50 and a spypoint force20) but I'm fed up of having to remove the cards every morning to check them.

I've started looking at wifi cameras, but the more serious cameras (was attracted to the new zeiss/secacams) seem to operate over cellular networks and attract a monthy useage fee which i'm absolutely not interested in. Cheaper cameras (back on Amazon again..) offer simpler devices that communicate over wifi within a short range of, say, 30ft - hopefully fine just for a garden camera.

I'm considering the Ceyomur CY95, but.. are there any cameras that offer this short wifi range from the more established 'quality' brands that anyone can recommend, please? The Ceyomur CY50 is really well featured and works well but, in comparison with the Spypoint, it's IR illumination is well below par. Wondering what might be available that others find works well for them. Thanks!

What are you after? A CCTV style camera that you can monitor remotely or a trail cam style camera where you can you can download the images remotely?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't need to be able to watch remotely, just to be able to see what has visited. The trail cameras we have are fine in this purpose, it's just that I'm tiring of having to remove and read the cards each morning. The Ceyomur CY95 seems fine on paper (poor range from CY50 though); was wondering if any of the higher-quality established manufacturers offer anything with similar functionality - not cellular but close-range remote interrogation. Up to £250 I'd say. It doesn't have to be a trail camera but they seem best-fit?

We have been using multiple wireless cameras for video capture from green-backyard.com. This company provides a lot of options, including a separate video recorder. Technical support for their customers is outstanding.

They provide three types of cameras with the coax or Ethernet connected the simplest to install. We use their "long distance" type that send the video via a RF antenna to a second RF receiver that connects to our wireless router using a short Ethernet cable. The owl box is more than 100 feet from our house and 150 feet from the cameras in the box to the receiver unit in our office. We have two cameras going with one at the rear of the nest box and looking forward and another one at the front of the box and looking to the rear. Both cameras have their own antenna but we are using a single receiver with the Ethernet connection.

I dealt with two other companies products before finding the people at green-backyard and the switch was well worth the effort.

Hi, wondering if anyone can recommend a quality "wifi" camera for garden use.

We've a couple of simple cameras already (amazon-special ceyomur cy50 and a spypoint force20) but I'm fed up of having to remove the cards every morning to check them.

I've started looking at wifi cameras, but the more serious cameras (was attracted to the new zeiss/secacams) seem to operate over cellular networks and attract a monthy useage fee which i'm absolutely not interested in. Cheaper cameras (back on Amazon again..) offer simpler devices that communicate over wifi within a short range of, say, 30ft - hopefully fine just for a garden camera.

I'm considering the Ceyomur CY95, but.. are there any cameras that offer this short wifi range from the more established 'quality' brands that anyone can recommend, please? The Ceyomur CY50 is really well featured and works well but, in comparison with the Spypoint, it's IR illumination is well below par. Wondering what might be available that others find works well for them. Thanks!
these are good ,you can watch on you phone anywhere

Thanks for the additional suggestions. There's lots of this kind of tech out there seemingly! I impulsively bought one of the aforementioned Ceyomur cameras which arrived in the week - hoping to have chance to fiddle with it today. It looks as though it might transfer files via bluetooth rather than wifi, unclear until I've played.

It seems lots of these devices offer services that require a paid subscription which I guess is the way we've been heading for a while now with this sort of tech (printer ink, etc). I don't have one but read that Amazon's ring doorbell subscription has just been inflated somewhat this week. Eugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back