• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor, central Spain (1 Viewer)

stablewill

Evening folks,

Can't remember what I had this down as and no books to hand, so this seemed the quickest way to get an ID. Somewhere in Extremadura if memory serves, in mid to late June.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I suppose I could see that. Wasn't aware I'd ever seen one that wasn't cream/white morph so sort of brushed that notion aside before it became a notion. That's something for the books.

Thanks very much!

I agree with Bonelli's due to the color of the patagials. From what I can gather, Booted shows a dark brown color while Bonelli's is more of a caramel/buffish.

I think too think it's a Booted. I had one of these 'pale dark morphs' (or is is a juv. dark morph?) over the terrace last month and it really threw me. Bonell's was initially in the frame too!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back