• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor in Abu Simbel 28.3.17 (1 Viewer)

alfred huber

a bad pic, far away and I took the pic only for confirmation to id what I thought is a Black Kite. But now I am unsure. Could it be a Long-legged Buzzard ssp cirtensis?

Attachments

• IMG_7729.jpg
    IMG_7729.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 89
a bad pic, far away and I took the pic only for confirmation to id what I thought is a Black Kite. But now I am unsure. Could it be a Long-legged Buzzard ssp cirtensis?
It couldn't be a LLB because the legs are too short ;) Pretty sure your initial guess was correct and it's a Black Kite (Milvus kites have short legs). I suspect the face mask is a result of strong light, or it may have some M. m. lineatus ancestry, or both.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back