• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare Florida Panther Caught on Video (1 Viewer)

Daddylion

The Daddy Lion
See here (Copy it and paste it in the adress bar, sorry):http://news.aol.com/article/florida-panther-video/533020?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fflorida-panther-video%2F533020

It's so chilling to realize that I was walking in the EXACT SAME SPOT on that boardwalk not even a month ago.
I remember the exact time when we walked upon that section of boardwalk shown in the video. It was right after we'd seen the Barred Owls and heard those Red-shouldered Hawks like it is in the video. EXACLTY THE SAME. We also saw, looking over the railing into the mud, tracks that looked suspiciously like panther tracks...
I dunno, it's just so wierd that there was actually this kind of animal in the swamp the same time I was, perhaps stalking me, watching my every move, waiting for the perfect time to- (sorry, inner author coming out there.) How lucky the guy who is featured in the article is, to be able to live near such an amazing place.

BTW I did not shoot this video or have anything to do with its production, just saw it on AOL today and thought it was interesting.

Best,

Last edited:
It's so chilling to realize that I was walking in the EXACT SAME SPOT on that boardwalk not even a month ago.
I remember the exact time when we walked upon that section of boardwalk shown in the video. It was right after we'd seen the Barred Owls and heard those Red-shouldered Hawks like it is in the video. EXACLTY THE SAME.

And I was at the same spot 3 weeks earlier!

Mark

Holy Cow!!!! :eek!: I'm so jealous. I guess I went at the wrong time of year. Good for you!:t:

EDIT: Got the date wrong, I was acually there hardly more than a week AFTER the panther was seen!!!!! But of course I didn't know about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back