• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Really stupid ebird question (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
Hi. I barely use ebird but do have the app (iOS). How would I use it to see sites where Fuerteventura chat has been sighted recently.

Sorry for such a basic question

i saw the chat at Barranco de la Torre just a few miles south of caleta de fuste from memory about 5 birds seen
as for ebird i have no idea

Hi. I barely use ebird but do have the app (iOS). How would I use it to see sites where Fuerteventura chat has been sighted recently.

Sorry for such a basic question
Hi Owene

Once you have logged in, follow the following steps: -

1. Select 'Explore' from top navigation bar
2. Scroll down the page and select 'Target species'
3. Type in 'Canarias' where it asks for 'region' (that is the only not obvious bit)
4. Then select 'Show Target Species'
5. Scroll down to number 24 'Fuerteventura Stonechat' and go to the end of the sentence and select 'map'
6. Once on map, select + and - sign to zoom in and out. Red sightings are the latest ones
7. Then simply select each little symbol to see who/what/where/how many etc.

Open the app and click on 'explore' at the bottom of the screen. Depending on your settings, this will give you an (e.g.) 30km radius of hotspots, and a list of species observed. Click on 'Fuerteventura Chat' and it'll give you locations seen within 30 days

EDIT - what @wolfbirder said, plus you should have it set up for your current location, so you might not need to do step 3...

I think I did a lot of that but it never offers me a list of birds. Possibly because I don’t have an ebird life list?

I have just entered a checklist.

Try going into edit>settings, then specify target species. Your checklists are your life list as far as eBird is concerned.

Let me piggyback onto this thread and ask whether eBird has an option that allows you to display all subspecies on your list?

I guess it's also not possible to see personal bar charts for all (personal) locations in a given area together (if there are sufficiently many, i.e. > 50, of them) or, at least, see personal observations of earliest arrivals/latest departures for a given species?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back