• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Kite or ....? (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
Hi all (again) I took these phots this afternoon in poor light, assuming it was a Red Kite of which we have a few in the area but the awful shots make it look different? Could someone confirm it please? Near Alyth in Perthshire

20240308 - Red Kite query 2.jpg20240308 - Red Kite query 3.jpg20240308 - Red Kite query 4.jpg20240308 - Red Kite query.jpg

Is this a House Tick Scoz or taken further away.

Won't be long till I get one ticked from my flat!!! It won't be.... will it. Please say it won't be long!!
Listen for gulls, crows suddenly getting very vocal about something, or if there are any Feral Pigeon flocks, see why they've taken flight, as it will often be a raptor - and where you are that could turn out to be VERY interesting (I've managed White Tailed Eagle, Buzzard, Peregrine, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Osprey and escaped Saker Falcon from my living room window, despite my very urban location in Dundee), though sometimes it can be a tiny dot seemingly miles up that is causing the panic.

Listen for gulls, crows suddenly getting very vocal about something, or if there are any Feral Pigeon flocks, see why they've taken flight, as it will often be a raptor - and where you are that could turn out to be VERY interesting (I've managed White Tailed Eagle, Buzzard, Peregrine, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Osprey and escaped Saker Falcon from my living room window, despite my very urban location in Dundee), though sometimes it can be a tiny dot seemingly miles up that is causing the panic.
I'm sure one will have passed, at least nearby. But it's being around to see it LOL.

We did get one on my Up the Hill patch last year. It took one look at us and turned tail and fled LOL. I didn't even get a chance to grab the camera!!!

I'm sure one will have passed, at least nearby. But it's being around to see it LOL.

We did get one on my Up the Hill patch last year. It took one look at us and turned tail and fled LOL. I didn't even get a chance to grab the camera!!!
They are starting to appear around the edges of Dundee. I've yet to get one this year, though my pal had one recently at Clatto Reservoir, but I had 2 last year, 1 in 2022, and 2 in 2021. I'm hoping to get one (and also Raven) on my living room window list sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back