• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Reed Buntings (1 Viewer)

boddie

I saw my very first Reed Bunting yesterday, there have been a pair in my garden on and off all weekend. We have feeders up and always get lots of birds, but I was very suprised to see these two.

I just wondered how common they are locally? I live in rural Cheshire, farmland really, about 10 miles south of Chester.

I saw my very first Reed Bunting yesterday, there have been a pair in my garden on and off all weekend. We have feeders up and always get lots of birds, but I was very suprised to see these two.

I just wondered how common they are locally? I live in rural Cheshire, farmland really, about 10 miles south of Chester.

Reed Buntings are widespread throughout the county but they are not a common garden bird. Several birders from around the county had birds during the cold weather earlier this year. The bird you have seen will probably be local breeders, as most Reed Buntings are back at their breeding sites by this time of year.

CB

Good for you boddie hopefully will stick around for a while or at least make some more regular visits.

I had another visit from my female Reed Bunting today, I think the male flew off with her, didnt get a good enough view of him.

She has been to the garden a few times over the last week,

Nice garden visitor :t:

They've waited until the warmer weather before making an appearance in my suburban garden in Sandbach (about 300 yds to open farmland). First a female for a couple of days and then a pair for the last three or four. Female Bullfinch is also visiting - for about the same length of time.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back