• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review of my Birding year 2021 (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Part 1

Yes unbelievably there are 4 parts to this although one of them just covers our Holiday in Scotland!! Part 1 covers winter last year which was pretty much all local walks around my home in Mid-Sussex. Pretty much all you would expect in the area, the Highlights were the local Yellowhammers which I got close to a couple of times, the local Dungheap provided some highlights as well, mainly of the Wagtail variety!! I stalked the countryside most weekends it was hard work and the sightings were occasional and hard earned but I winkled out a few goodies, the pics are largely dependant on the weather as I am a birder turned photographer and do most things on camera using automatic settings !!
Part 1 is on the Blog at the link, lots of pictures and not much text!! Part 2 will follow in a couple of days!!

Attachments

• Dunnock.JPG
    Dunnock.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Grey Wagtail.JPG
    Grey Wagtail.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Kestrel.JPG
    Kestrel.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
So Part 2 of my Review of my Birding Year, the weather improved as did the pictures, possibly a causal link there! With lockdown lifted, travelled a bit further afield notably Bempton, sadly no Albatross for me :( but a fantastic trip anyway. Did a bit of Sea-watching and a few more trips out and about, Dungeness, Knepp etc

Lot's of pictures on the Blog at the link.

Attachments

• Glaucous Gull.JPG
    Glaucous Gull.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Poms.JPG
    Poms.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
The final part of my review of the year, is a brief recap of our Holiday to Scotland, luckily for us lockdown restrictions were lifted 2 days before we were due to travel and we were able to head north, lots of excellent scenery, some good birds and a hot tub, ( warning there is a picture of me in the hot tub) Anyway lots of pictures on the blog at the link below!!

Attachments

• 66a.JPG
    66a.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • 88a.JPG
    88a.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 93.JPG
    93.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 1
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back