• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ringing Opportunities in Europe (1 Viewer)

***DIJ***

...a Brunian Birder...
Hello,

I am currently looking into bird ringing opportunities in Europe or UK this summer. I am T permit but v-close to C. Have a summer to fill before i go to Uni in September and really like the idea of spending some time ringing.

So if anyone has any experiences or knowledge to pass in my direction it would be greatly appreciated. The cheaper the better, 3 years of tuition fees to pay in the not so far future.

Many thanks

Daniel

So stay in UK and volunteer down at Ickelsham.

Hi John,

As internet access is bad at Icklesham (heck, even some phones still can't get good signals in the valley there) I'm just passing on a quick 'thanks' from Daniel for your tip earlier this year pointing him in this direction; he's been here nearly a week now and is thoroughly enjoying the experience so much he's intending, give or take a day or three, to be with us right up to when he starts Uni.

For any other ringers who'd like to visit, do check out contact details via the BTO ringers' pages, or pm me for general info. Please note we can only consider 'T' ringers (or equivalent) coming without their own trainer IF they are already extremely close to 'C' standard. (Think of us as a 'finishing school'- your trainer will have to vouchsafe you would not require intensive close supervision, as our own team of trainers are often busy working with visiting students from overseas schemes.)

Kev

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back