• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Roamwild Feeder problem (1 Viewer)

Kath2

United Kingdom
I've had 2 Roamwild feeders & found them fine. I got another & after it was put out ALL the seed fell to the ground. Roamwild asks for photos of feeder which I can't manage to do. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks, Kath2.

Hi Kath and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sorry, I've not seen those feeders, so can't comment.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thank you, Delia.
It's a pity I've had this one-off problem with the Roamwild feeder as the other 2 have defeated sqirrels & magpies.
Magpies of course cottoned on to the reason the seed was hidden so tried hovering to get at the open hole, but they are not v. good at hovering & gave up.
Kath2.

I have 3, a fat ball, a mega and a standard seed feeder. Never had an issue with any of these (Roamwild) and cannot understand how ALL the feed would fall out. I would return it and ask for a replacement or refund.

Attachments

• 20240312_124804.jpg
    20240312_124804.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240312_124751.jpg
    20240312_124751.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
Welcome to Birdforum.

What a shame, Kath. I would reply to the company saying that you are unable to provide photos and could they either replace the feeder or refund you. Did you buy it online?

I hope you get it sorted I have those feeders and my garden birds love them though they seem to dislike the fatball version. They never seem to go to it so I’ve taken it down and replaced it with my old fatball feeder.

I've had 2 Roamwild feeders & found them fine. I got another & after it was put out ALL the seed fell to the ground. Roamwild asks for photos of feeder which I can't manage to do. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks, Kath2.
I had the same problem because I had put it back together incorrectly after cleaning it: I had put the internal seed splitter at the bottom upside down (it fits both ways). You need to have the circular section at the top, and the narrower almost rectangular part at the bottom, as it limits the seed flow. I hope that this solves your issue too. Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back