• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Romania. Rough-legged buzzard? (1 Viewer)

testoduro

Carphatians, last week. Ugly overcast wintery day, hence the quality of the photos. I wonder if this could be a RLB for the following:

a) It clearly hovered a couple of times (see pic. 1)
b) It seemed to me larger than a common buzzard. I first took it for an eagle.
c) Very marked and continuously flexed carpal angles in all pictures.

Thank you all in advance.

PS Ups. Sorry for the omission. And not my first time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Carphatians, last week. Ugly overcast wintery day, hence the quality of the photos. I wonder if this could be a RLB for the following:

a) It clearly hovered a couple of times (see pic. 1)
b) It seemed to me larger than a common buzzard. I first took it for an eagle.
c) Very marked and continuously flexed carpal angles in all pictures.

Thank you all in advance.
Hi. No pictures. ☺

Before any pictures are uploaded, I would like the point out that the size difference between a rough legged buzzard and a common buzzard is not significant.
The longer wings compared to CB can make RLB look bigger; a bit like Red Kite which can look huge at first glance due to its slow wingbeat and very long wingspan relative to actual size. Agree that the OP's bird looks like a CB, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back