• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RX10 IV not focusing in AF or manual (1 Viewer)

Musoman

PETE - Nikon/Sony Shooter
United Kingdom
I fully admit right at the start that it is probably user error, but i have changed nothing since i last put the camera away, and picked it up today and AF isnt working at any distance. Tried in manual mode and manual focus didnt work either. I have AEL set to back button AF

Limiter is set to full. Fully charged batt.
How things have changed since i put it back in it's bag is a mystery, but maybe this has happened to someone else.

Tried in AF-C , AF-S, Auto, Shutter priority, Aperture priority and manual
Been using centre focus, ISO auto, steady shot on, metering mode centre, DR off.

What sort of menu checks do i need to go through ?

I fully admit right at the start that it is probably user error, but i have changed nothing since i last put the camera away, and picked it up today and AF isnt working at any distance. Tried in manual mode and manual focus didnt work either. I have AEL set to back button AF

How things have changed since i put it back in it's bag is a mystery, but maybe this has happened to someone else.

Been using centre focus, ISO auto, steady shot on, metering mode centre, DR off.

Have you checked the Focus Mode Dial on the front. It's the one thing that is easily knocked. I've learnt to check that first when starting out for the day - I have it set to C (Continuous AF).

Gi

The exact same thing has happened to me. Did you get any resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back