• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (18 Viewers)

Two Yellow-legged Gull a 1st winter on Forge Mill per Craig Reed and a sub adult on Swan Pool per John Clarke, and the smew was still present
Good Birding YAMYAM

Forge Mill farm: 4 Stonechats, 3 Skylark , Mipit Crem/Newton Rd field. 25 Linnet, 3 Reed Bunts, 60 Stock Dove. Prob Chiffchaff called briefly.
Brown's: 100 Starling, mixed flock 50-60 mainly Redwing with a few Fieldfare.
F Mill: Adult Yellow-legged Gull, Smew, per Pete Hackett

Smew still Forge Mill lake. per Richard Baker, for it`s 84th day!!!
Phil, whats the record longest staying Smew in the West Midlands?
Richard
I fully suspect this is the longest staying bird in the West Mids County. I anticipate it will be impossible to judge on a regional level given there were wintering flocks along the Trent / Tame Valley which made it to track individual birds.

I fully suspect this is the longest staying bird in the West Mids County. I anticipate it will be impossible to judge on a regional level given there were wintering flocks along the Trent / Tame Valley which made it to track individual birds.
Back in the 80's there was a Smew at Belvide for over a year. Higgo started calling it Sid,
Good Birding YAMYAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back