• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Santa's Leica (1 Viewer)

Hello,

That red Leica BN never sold and the vendor turned down four offers. I would have liked a firm price to set the value.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur

Arthur:
I am thinking the Leica merchant from the resort area in Calif. is optimistic.
The red Leica that I spotted on another site last week, 8x32 Red Trinovid sold
for $575.00 and maybe someone here who found this one after I mentioned it
bought it. From the pics it looked great, so maybe that was a deal.

Jerry

I purchased the 8X32 Red Trinovids that NDhunter spotted on another forum for $575. Very good condition, not mint, minus case. Thanks for the heads up.

And Arthur, I plan to use them even though I have the 8X32 FL.

Hello Caruh and Jerry,

It is nice to know what the binocular is fetching and I hope Caruh makes use of the glass.
I suspect that a Leica collector would pay a premium for one, in the box, like new.
Happy bird watching,
Arthur :brains:

Last edited:
I purchased the 8X32 Red Trinovids that NDhunter spotted on another forum for $575. Very good condition, not mint, minus case. Thanks for the heads up.

And Arthur, I plan to use them even though I have the 8X32 FL.

Caruh:
I am pleased you got the red one. Tell us about how you see the difference
in the 2 Leica's.
And I do know for certain, you won't get them mixed up, when picking one
up on your way out the door. ;)

Jerry

Wouldn't you feel a little naff turning up at a group bird watch with red Leicas around your neck? Ornithological bling! No thanks. Perhaps good for Beagle II spotting on Mars... Now's there's a niche market the Germans could exploit.

Collectors, I see another one of the Leica 8x32 BN red models, is on the famous auction site
in the US.

I should not tempt but will do so anyway !

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back