• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

screech owl...he's back (1 Viewer)

This is the fourth year since putting up a screech owl box that one has shown up. A pair has nested for the last three years and yesterday the grey phase was looking out catching the warmth of the sun. Will be getting some pictures like previous posts.

This is the fourth year since putting up a screech owl box that one has shown up. A pair has nested for the last three years and yesterday the grey phase was looking out catching the warmth of the sun. Will be getting some pictures like previous posts.

I'm glad I stumbled upon your post...I had actually pondered of putting one up myself. [Or having the husband do it :-O ] Years ago when our first son was just small. We had a pair next in the gazebo. Right in the outdoor toy basket for the dogs. Luckily they enjoyed the flattened basketball over the other littler toys. So the owls were safe. We noticed a baby three steps below the actual gazebo and called someone to come get it. But was told to just pick it up and put it back into the nest. Which we did...then we blocked off the doors which at the time had been open. So the dogs or other animals wouldn't disturb them. Due to now having actual glass windows in it either at the time. Now it's enclosed...but we've pictures of the days when we had the baby screech owls in the gazebo. I am going to have to google to see if I can locate an owl house. Thanks for the reminder. :t: It's really cool...to have them close by.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back