• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shotcut Video Editor and Noise Reduction Tips (1 Viewer)

gratography

I am not a professional videographer, more like an amature enthusiast. I've only tried about five different video editors, including paying for Wonderama (I like it). I recently tried Shotcut, an open source video editor for Win10. It's filled with many different audio and video plugins to help improve bird videos.

The example I am using is the High Pass audio filter. As anyone who takes bird videos knows, even the slightest amount of wind can interfere with the audio. I played around with the High Pass filter and discovered that by using a number usually between 1000 and 5000 hz on the cutoff frequency line and that does the trick. Here's my current youtube bird video list. If you take a look, the most recent (until this thread gets older) is of a Green Heron in a tree. There was an airplane flying overhead and the High Pass filter took care of it.

Bird List

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back