• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skye Eagles (1 Viewer)

DPR

I had to cancel my trip at Christmas to Skye due to work commitments but will be up there in a couple of weeks from now. Can anyone suggest the best vantage point to see white tailed eagles from? Are there any recommended watch points?

from one of the boat trips out of portree harbour.
the stardust do 4 trips a day. the 10 0 clock usually the best one.
they feed the white tailed eagle near the nest site, as the chicks are about a month old now, should be feeding them alot.

Excellent - just dropped them an email about what times they are running the trips. Thanks guys!

10, 12, 2pm and 4pm, they had 2 boats running when i was up there a week and a half ago. They seemed to be running on the half hour as well, but may have just been testing the water with that one, did 4 trips, 1 at 2pm and then the first 3 trips the next day, the birds came down and fed every time, but apparently thats not always the case ! :)

Thanks guys - I saw two WTSE on the boat trip from Portree but got excellent views of another one at the Otter haven to the south of island. Glad to have caught up with this awesome bird!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back