• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLC 8x42: Keep or Sell? (1 Viewer)

I haven't had the opportunity to really compare the Meostar vs Ultravid range side by side in detail, but I did look through both 10x50 models at the 2019 Birdfair. They were very close, so much so that if you were interested in the latter I would have thought you would be very well advised to have a good look at the former. I thought the Meostar range, in general, were very good products - not far short of the SLCs at all.

I sure would have regrets if I were to sell my SLC 8x42.
I have many good 8x42s, including most of the so- called „premiums“, and still find the SLC one of the best ever built in this size.
Yeah no way would I sell it. You'll probably never get another for the price you paid. You may never find another in as good of condition.

Had both 8x/10x42 SLCs and sold my 8x a while back as I became convinced there was no need to keep both. It was a superb binocular and following this thread reminded me of how much I still regret selling it. To me the biggest downside was the slow focus, but otherwise it was an absolute gem.

Thank you everyone for responding and giving me your personal experiences and thoughts. It has all been helpful. I'm still undecided, but leaning toward keeping.

Yeah no way would I sell it. You'll probably never get another for the price you paid. You may never find another in as good of condition.

I think both of these statements are likely to be true.

After a lot of consideration, I'd like to sell the SLC and use the money for another spotting scope. If anyone from this thread is interested feel free to DM me. I'll plan to post in classified section soon unless someone wants it before I do so.

Thanks again for all the feedback, it was helpful and interesting to hear different viewpoints and experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back