• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small bird keeps coming onto our porch 2 or more times a day (1 Viewer)

neccowafer

United States
We have several Xfinity (Comcast) security cameras. They send alerts to my phone when they detect motion and save a video clip of about 2 minutes. In the last two or three months the porch camera has notified me of a small bird that comes onto the front porch, walks around the porch and then leaves. We do not put any bird food or any other type of food on the porch. The only things that are on the porch are Amazon deliveries but the bird comes on the porch when there are no packages there. I downloaded several of the video clips from the camera and combined them into a montage video which I posted at the link below. Click on the picture then click on the play button, which is a triangle in a circle.

I don't have anything against birds per se but I'm just wondering if this activity is an indicator of something. Last summer when I was out in the lawn mowing (we have a very large lawn) I would come from the back yard into the garage and a similar bird to this would come flying out of the garage when I went in. This happened almost every time I had both garage doors open and was not in or near the garage.

A friend of ours said these birds are chickadees but I don't know anything about bird identification so I don't know if that is correct. We live in Arlington Washington.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this bird?

Thanks,
Don

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

I can’t identify the bird from the video. It is possibly just exploring and looking for insects.

LOL cheeky little thing!!! I can only think he is looking for insects, or maybe seeds that have blown in.

Hi neccowafer and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I have no idea on what this little guy/gal is.
Hi there and a warm welcome to you!
Glad you found us and please join in wherever you like😉

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back