• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

small birds from near El Camarones, Guajira, Colombia (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Any help appreciated.
Image G1 is the only one I have of this bird, and I completely understand if it is impossible.

There is almost two minutes between G2 and G3, 15 seconds to G4a and one second between that and G4b -- therefore G4a and G4b are presumably the same bird, associated with the same branch.
My best guess here is pale-tipped tyrannulet, but I may be overlooking something.
Niels

G1 P1270341.JPGG2 P1270349.JPGG3 P1270351.jpgG4a P1270356.JPGG4b P1270357.JPG

Bananaquit and Pale-tipped Tyrannulet/Inezia are correct. G2 is a little tougher to be certain that it isn't Northern Scrub-flycatcher which tend to perch more vertical. However, the brightness and extensiveness of the yellow coming up onto the sides of the chest are a point against that species so I would lean towards the Inezia for this one as well.

Thank you both. Those are both species I know I saw that day. Being sure of a photo is sometimes harder.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back