• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some discount on Hawkes. (1 Viewer)

I'm sure you'll love the 8x32, Iast time I was in norfolk I tried one at onestop nature shop at burnham deepdale and was very impressed..without getting too technical it just seemed to give a very sharp and well detailed image with nice colours etc...deliciously compact in the hand and felt very well made.

I haven't looked yet but wonder of the same offer applies to the apo models, wouldn't mind taking a squint through one of those!

Matt

I'm sure you'll love the 8x32, Iast time I was in norfolk I tried one at onestop nature shop at burnham deepdale and was very impressed..without getting too technical it just seemed to give a very sharp and well detailed image with nice colours etc...deliciously compact in the hand and felt very well made.

I haven't looked yet but wonder of the same offer applies to the apo models, wouldn't mind taking a squint through one of those!

Matt
Not had a lot of time to try them out yet. Like you say they feel quality, the hinge is just the right stiffness, the eye cups twist out lovely and the focus wheel very smooth, maybe a bit too loose, a little stiffer would be nice. The case it comes with is great and with the neck strap on it all goes in easy and neatly.
A quick look out at the dew covered blades of grass at the far end of the garden on this dull foggy morning and the image seems very bright. The sharpness of the grass is very crisp and moving to the edge of the glass I can't see the image any less sharp. All in all they seem great.

Yes the APO also had the discount but it was a max of £60. Sadly the discount has ended now.

What are the differences between the APO and frontier ED X?

Not had a lot of time to try them out yet. Like you say they feel quality, the hinge is just the right stiffness, the eye cups twist out lovely and the focus wheel very smooth, maybe a bit too loose, a little stiffer would be nice. The case it comes with is great and with the neck strap on it all goes in easy and neatly.
A quick look out at the dew covered blades of grass at the far end of the garden on this dull foggy morning and the image seems very bright. The sharpness of the grass is very crisp and moving to the edge of the glass I can't see the image any less sharp. All in all they seem great.

Yes the APO also had the discount but it was a max of £60. Sadly the discount has ended now.

What are the differences between the APO and frontier ED X?
The apo models have higher spec glass, though currently they only have 8x42/10x42 options.

Matt

Hi
Sadly I sent the 8x32 back, I just didn’t get in with them. I struggled with good eye placement and the image seemed rather flat and dull. I would’ve liked to try the ED X 8x42 instead but they’re above my price range sadly.
I don't think the ED X would of made a difference with the eye placement. I'm sure they would be brighter though.

I don't think the ED X would of made a difference with the eye placement. I'm sure they would be brighter though.
I’ve tried the Endurance ED in 8x32 last year and from my recollection they did appear brighter than the HD X. I would’ve ordered the HD X in 8x42 but was put off after viewing the x32.

I’ve tried the Endurance ED in 8x32 last year and from my recollection they did appear brighter than the HD X. I would’ve ordered the HD X in 8x42 but was put off after viewing the x32.
Have you seen them frontier 8x43 ED in the classifieds? Not sure what there like. Must admit I do like my frontier ED X. Though I would of liked to look through multiple pairs of bins to compare. Then again it might be a good thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back