• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some Ospreys live in odd places (1 Viewer)

It's nice to know that as much as we encroach on their territories, they still find a place to nest ;)

I thought seeing an Osprey fishing in a duck pond next to a shopping mall was a bit strange but I've never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing. :D

I was once driving through scotland & seen a Osprey nesting on top of a pylon must have been 100feet up.

Don't know if they are still there are not.

There is also a fish farm up Muir of Ord where oprey's come daily for fish.

There was a lot of work going on last time I was there literally 20/30 yds away from these round concrete pools where the fish were.

The osprey's would come down stright into these pools which were quite small as well oblivious to what was going on around them.

They used to take up to 5 fish a day.

The farm owners used to provide a large hide in the bushes for people but this has now gone.

Fantastic to watch

theshark said:
If they are local you shoud try & send a photie.

That would be interesting to see......................

I did try to embed one in the post and failed. If you click on the words Urban Ospreys in the original post, you will link to the photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back