• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Something is wrong with this Goldfinches eye (1 Viewer)

Stadashic

United States
Can anyone confirm if this is Conjunctivitis ?
I have multiple feeders and planning on taking them down and scattering food on the ground instead for a while to prevent them from crowding to much. It does seem to be isolating itself more or less as that’s not goldfinch food in there and there is a whole feeder with nyjer seed in it

Attachments

• 69816884-352C-4B19-A31C-2B0E0D90A692.jpeg
    69816884-352C-4B19-A31C-2B0E0D90A692.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 97895D12-919B-4479-8E4B-BA91D68BBBDA.jpeg
    97895D12-919B-4479-8E4B-BA91D68BBBDA.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi @Stadashic and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Birds and Birding forum, as I feel it will receive better attention there.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Oh there's no need to aplogise. This is a large forum and can seem quite confusing at first.

It's what the Moderators are here for to help people. Don't be afraid to ask if you need help.

Probably Avian Conjunctivitis - an infectious disease that finches are particularly vulnerable to. Sadly, nothing you can do to help the bird. Disinfect the feeder frequently, to reduce the risk of it infecting others.

Probably Avian Conjunctivitis - an infectious disease that finches are particularly vulnerable to. Sadly, nothing you can do to help the bird. Disinfect the feeder frequently, to reduce the risk of it infecting others.
Thank you for your response definitely will make sure to do that frequently in between times they are deep cleaned.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back