• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow ID (1 Viewer)

Knight

Hi all i cant ID this Sparrow . At First i tought it was a Female White Throated Sparrow because its hanging with a male WTS but then i saw the Female . So has anyone got a ID on this Bird .

Thanks in advance if i dont get back to you right away. :)

Attachments

• No ID Sparrow 2.jpg
    No ID Sparrow 2.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 92
  • No ID Sparrow.jpg
    No ID Sparrow.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 86
Hi Knight,

Your bird is a Song Sparrow. Bear in mind also that White-throated Sparrows are not sexually dimorphic, so males and females cannot be differentiated in the field. I suppose if you heard him sing then he's most likely a male (and I would say the same is most likely true for the Song Sparrow).

Last edited:
Song Sparrow it is , Thanks guys :) Heres a pic of the White Throated Sparrow , they are living in my Cedar hedge .

Attachments

• White-Throated Sparrow Male 2.jpg
    White-Throated Sparrow Male 2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 68
  • White-Throated Sparrow Male.jpg
    White-Throated Sparrow Male.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 58
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back