• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spring watch goshawks (1 Viewer)

AndrewFarrell

Hi. On holiday up here. Been in couple of parts of Abernathy forest today but no signs of spring watch goshawk. Any ideas to narrow down search area?

Hi Andrew and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news. However, I'm sorry that due to persecution, egg collectors and the risk of disturbance (which would mean the nest would likely be deserted) information like this is not given out on an openly read forum.

As the Spring Watch team haven't said where the nest is, I doubt anyone but them does know anyway. Grand birds, aren't they.

Hi Andrew, and welcome to the forum.

Did you notice that on Springwatch they actually said that, at this time of year, Goshawks are very quiet and unobtrusive ? So I'm afraid you're very unlikely to come across them by chance, sorry about that.

You have missed the earlier display period Andrew and the species goes thankfully and notoriously quiet during the breeding period. Keep you ears open for calling birds when changing over. They also call when anybody is near a nest so best not to trigger that really - try high points for visual contact you might get lucky:t:

Laurie -

If you are based in Derbyshire, go to Derwent/Howden Reservoir off the Snake Pass in March and you will see them displaying.

Goshawk are a heavily persecuted species of bird,by Gamekeepers,Falconers and dare I say It,egg collectors.Therefore,such Information Is understandably not put out (or at least should not put out) on Public Forums.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back