• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Streaming video of birds need help identifying them (1 Viewer)

clarkss12

I just started feeding the birds, and have no idea what most them are. I created a YouTube stream so I can watch them anytime I am not at the window.
Not sure the video is clear enough to help identify them. I have seen a male and female Blue Jay and male and female Cardinal, but that is the extent of my knowledge of birds....... Also, the squirrels are eating the bird food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK2KUA-qSHk

I did see a Brown-Jacketed Silverhair wandering around, but you can't expect to get useful answers by posting a live video feed. Take screenshots of the ones you have questions about and post those. Or compare them to a bird guide. I find printed books a lot more useful (Peterson's Field Guide to Birds of North America is my favorite and always mentioned among the top three or so) but you can try an online guide such as this one: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/

There's two and a half hours of history currently available for rewind, so one can look through a bit, it's quite fast using the thumbnails when scrolling the time axis. So far, we found a Cardinal and several Squirrels :)

The smaller birds are quite too small. Maybe the camera would be better more zoomed, as the right side doesn't show anything useful. At 2:38 PM there is one that should be a House Finch. Another bird that comes later when the Sun disappears isn't visible enough for ID.

I did see a Brown-Jacketed Silverhair wandering around, but you can't expect to get useful answers by posting a live video feed. Take screenshots of the ones you have questions about and post those. Or compare them to a bird guide. I find printed books a lot more useful (Peterson's Field Guide to Birds of North America is my favorite and always mentioned among the top three or so) but you can try an online guide such as this one: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/

That is a good idea, thanks.

The smaller birds are quite too small. Maybe the camera would be better more zoomed, as the right side doesn't show anything useful. At 2:38 PM there is one that should be a House Finch. Another bird that comes later when the Sun disappears isn't visible enough for ID.

My camera is zoomed in as far as it can go. Thanks. I'll see if I can figure out another way to take a picture of the birds.

The camera is zoomed in as far as it can go, I'll see if I can take a picture some other way. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back