• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunflower seeds? (1 Viewer)

Hi Helena and a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum!

As long as your town doesn't object to spreading seed on the beach I see no problems. Birds love Sunflower seeds :)

Hi, Helena and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I am going to move this to the following forum where you will get some other answers.

Hi Helena and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm not so sure about feeding these to birds (or any wildlife really) - it's generally not a good idea to give food produced for human consumption to wildlife. I can't think that roasted sunflower seeds (regardless of whether or not salt has been added) would have any nutrients left in them and surely they'd be more expensive than untreated natural sunflower seeds

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I buy both unshelled sunflower seeds and shelled ones or kernels from Tractor Supply and in the largest sizes it is far less expensive than anything from Trader's or Amazon. If put on the ground the sunflower seeds are likely to attract skunks, racoon, opossum, foxes, and coyote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back