• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SW Turkey Squacco Heron (1 Viewer)

Bananafishbones

Incoherently Rambling .....
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone advice me on a reliable site for Squacco Heron (Late August.... as in next week).

I will be based in the mountains at Uzumlu, so Lake Girdev (although I am struggling to find any reports of Squacco here) and Dalyan are fairly easily accessed.

Any other possible locations that hold this species.... Patara Marshes would be a site that I could revisit (but doesn't look like a reliable site)?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Last edited:
I have eventually caught up with my bogey bird.
I have a spot that I stop at on the way to a local Lycian ruins where a small bridge and reed bed run alongside a busy quarry. Earlier this year I got a pair of Penduline tits at very close range, Sedge, Cettis and Reed Warblers etc.

A few days ago I stopped in hope of at least seeing the Penduline Tits again but was surprised to see a Squacco Heron. It gave good views for half hour or so.

Attachments

• Squacco Heron.JPG
    Squacco Heron.JPG
    10.6 MB · Views: 8
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back