• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swallow and flycatcher - Garrett Mountain, NJ (1 Viewer)

xyz99

United States
Merlin identified these are Bank Swallow and Eastern Wood-Pewee. Seen yesterday at Garrett Mountian, NJ. They would be my first, so I like these to be confirmed. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_6626-1.jpg
    IMG_6626-1.jpg
    14.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6218-1.jpg
    IMG_6218-1.jpg
    10.4 MB · Views: 36
The swallow is a Northern Rough-winged. Wood-pewee is good for the other.

As a general rule Merlin photo ID is not very accurate to pinpoint species, rather it gives a list of options, and the first species is often not the correct one. Personally, I wouldn't use it even if I did take photos of birds.

The swallow is a Northern Rough-winged. Wood-pewee is good for the other.

As a general rule Merlin photo ID is not very accurate to pinpoint species, rather it gives a list of options, and the first species is often not the correct one. Personally, I wouldn't use it even if I did take photos of birds.
Thank you. I agree about Merlin, not 100% trustworthy, that's why I wanted a confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back