• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swans shot dead in a field in Somerset (2 Viewers)

Mail Online reports that author Terry Pratchett added £10,000 to the reward fund which stands at £26,000 for catching culprit.
As its in the Mail it must be all lies!

Mail Online reports that author Terry Pratchett added £10,000 to the reward fund which stands at £26,000 for catching culprit.
As its in the Mail it must be all lies!

Hi Alan

The same story is on the BBC News so it must be valid now ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-12623183

So, I do not know if the whole issue has been on the BBC News on TV itself at the moment.
It seems to be well talked about on the local news to the area only.

Regards
Kathy
x

I think the law needs to be tightened and the ownership of air rifles should be subject to a minimum age of 18 and licensed, similar to a firearms license.

I agree with you Neil all air weapons should be licensed ,

I think the law needs to be tightened and the ownership of air rifles should be subject to a minimum age of 18 and licensed, similar to a firearms license.

I agree with you Neil all air weapons should be licensed ,

The people doing things like this are already happily breaking numerous laws so what makes you think that they they wont break one more? and it wont stop people getting the guns because they already have them and its not the criminals that are going to give theirs up when the law changes its only the people who arent causing the problem in the first place. Okay it might make it a bit more difficult for people to get hold of them in the future but not really that difficult as there's already millions of them out there and ets face it there are plenty of things illegal but that doesnt mean you cant easily get hold of them.

As with most things all changing laws like this does is makes things harder for the decent people while criminals will continue to be criminals and as with most things age has nothing to do with it, idiots are idiots and they come in all ages.

The people doing things like this are already happily breaking numerous laws so what makes you think that they they wont break one more? and it wont stop people getting the guns because they already have them and its not the criminals that are going to give theirs up when the law changes its only the people who arent causing the problem in the first place. Okay it might make it a bit more difficult for people to get hold of them in the future but not really that difficult as there's already millions of them out there and ets face it there are plenty of things illegal but that doesnt mean you cant easily get hold of them.

As with most things all changing laws like this does is makes things harder for the decent people while criminals will continue to be criminals and as with most things age has nothing to do with it, idiots are idiots and they come in all ages.

Its what they should do though Adam, is to make anyone who owns a air weapon who's going take the weapon out of the house (must own a license) simple as that . Anyone who is caught with out one should be dealt with appropriately, (I would confiscate the gun have it destroyed ) repeat offenders would be fined or even jailed , personally i think its the only way forward ..col

Its what they should do though Adam, is to make anyone who owns a air weapon who's going take the weapon out of the house (must own a license) simple as that . Anyone who is caught with out one should be dealt with appropriately, (I would confiscate the gun have it destroyed ) repeat offenders would be fined or even jailed , personally i think its the only way forward ..col

Thats fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

He upped the collective pot to £20,500 by his welcome contribution of £10k. The original £10.5k came from 3 sources. The further donation of £5k from the Animal's Friends Insurance co brought the bounty to £25,500. Someone will sing like a canary for that kind of incentive and justice will be served. The perp will probably get a £25 fine and be allowed to retain his air weapon. |=@|

He upped the collective pot to £20,500 by his welcome contribution of £10k. The original £10.5k came from 3 sources. The further donation of £5k from the Animal's Friends Insurance co brought the bounty to £25,500. Someone will sing like a canary for that kind of incentive and justice will be served. The perp will probably get a £25 fine and be allowed to retain his air weapon. |=@|

hi John

I think this whole senario will have an outcome that will be shorter, and sweeter than we think here...too much money on offer.

It is 'ye' waiting game for the 'bait' to make its reappearance in the 'butt' of things to come.

Regards
Kathy
x

Great news, but the chances are they'll be mowing some pensioners lawn for a few hours a week and a £10 fine.

I'd like to be proved wrong though

I thought 32 were supposed to have been shot / killed / wounded..

Doesnt matter - the Swans wont get any justice..i'd put my wages on it

I thought 32 were supposed to have been shot / killed / wounded..

Doesnt matter - the Swans wont get any justice..i'd put my wages on it

I noticed the figures keep changing too!

I guess the whole episode will be put on the back burner after so long - so people forget about it!

The 29 Swans shot in Bedford in 2009 got no justice either. :C

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back