• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Repair time at the moment? (1 Viewer)

Aquaplas

Austria
Have sent in my NL Pure today. Anyone knows what’s the repair Time at the moment? More than 4 weeks?
Thanks for info.

Ouch ! I have not herd of this focus problem before with the NL one to keep an eye on.
It’s a shame Swaro can’t fix this armour problem it’s not a good look for them
This photo is 2 weeks old. Before I send it to Swarovski yesterday the other tube becomes the same fail than the left on the photo. The armor is also very sticky when I go in the sun. That’s not nice for a 3000€ bin.

I sent my ELs away from the UK recently from the UK for a focus knob repair. Got them back 4 weeks ago after a couple of days short of a 6 week repair time. They added new armouring as standard.

View attachment 1527566
The focus becomes a gap. Left and right tube are not perfect synchronized. This comes over time.
Wow! Most expensive (and considered THE best) binoculars on the market today, and they can’t make sure they’re using an armor material that will hold up and last. Biodegradable or not , durability and longevity should come with the price tag and the name. Being surprised and disappointed that this is accruing is bad in itself but Im even more surprised this has been going on for the last 5-10 years.

Even though Swarovski is taking care of the issue (maybe not so much with a solution) still detracts from why we buy Swarovski in the first place, and one of the reasons we buy is beleif they’re made tough and will last.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back