• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski VPA incompatible with iPhone 14 Pro (2 Viewers)

harlanpaul

United States
I recently purchased a Swarovski VPA and adapter ring for my Swarovski spotting scope and iPhone 14 pro. The iPhone 14 pro has 3 protruding lenses on the back that prevent the phone from seating properly in the VPA which was made for one lens. Does anyone know of a modification or newer VPA
that may be available?

I recently purchased an iPhone 14 Pro, to go with my already owned Swarovski 85 ATX and VPA. So far I have not yet had a chance to use it outside, just set it up in the house. After aligning the VPA, bit fiddly to do, I noticed that it does not sit flat because of the extra lenses, so I used a couple of sticky pads on the inside surface of the VPA to make it near enough flat.
In the house this seems to work ok.
I will probably shoot raw at 1x zoom to get 48MP and the crop in afterwards. See attached photos taken in the house, 1st is the original uncropped 48mp, second is the same photo cropped afterwards to 4:3 ratio, taken about 5-6m away from subject. Interestingly the cropped image is still 19MP, so still good resolution. Only post processing carried out is the crop nothing else.
I think this will be the way to go with this set up, just need to get out into the field to try out in earnest.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpeg
    11.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 23
I recently purchased a Swarovski VPA and adapter ring for my Swarovski spotting scope and iPhone 14 pro. The iPhone 14 pro has 3 protruding lenses on the back that prevent the phone from seating properly in the VPA which was made for one lens. Does anyone know of a modification or newer VPA
that may be available?
Seems there is a new adapter from Swarovski available shortly (you can find details about it on their site) , VPA 2 adapter. Maybe this one is compatible?
It's a new system with new adaptor ring so it will cost a lot (it is Swarovski...)

Seems there is a new adapter from Swarovski available shortly (you can find details about it on their site) , VPA 2 adapter. Maybe this one is compatible?
It's a new system with new adaptor ring so it will cost a lot (it is Swarovski...)
Thank you! I now see the VPA 2 on their site. I requested notification when available......and yes; I know🥺

Thank you! I now see the VPA 2 on their site. I requested notification when available......and yes; I know🥺
I received the VPA 2 and it only allows one of the 3 lenses to be used as it blocks the other 2 lenses. Anyone know of an adapter that allows the 3 lenses to be used?

I recently purchased an iPhone 14 Pro, to go with my already owned Swarovski 85 ATX and VPA. So far I have not yet had a chance to use it outside, just set it up in the house. After aligning the VPA, bit fiddly to do, I noticed that it does not sit flat because of the extra lenses, so I used a couple of sticky pads on the inside surface of the VPA to make it near enough flat.
In the house this seems to work ok.
I will probably shoot raw at 1x zoom to get 48MP and the crop in afterwards. See attached photos taken in the house, 1st is the original uncropped 48mp, second is the same photo cropped afterwards to 4:3 ratio, taken about 5-6m away from subject. Interestingly the cropped image is still 19MP, so still good resolution. Only post processing carried out is the crop nothing else.
I think this will be the way to go with this set up, just need to get out into the field to try out in earnest.
Have you had any success with using this? Does the VPA only allow one of your 3 lenses to be used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back